Saturday 7 June 2014

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hey beauties! Today's blog post is going to be a review on the Kate Moss lipsticks by Rimmel.I have two which are both from a different range. The one with red packaging is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss and the lipstick with black packaging is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss. For the red one I have shade '101' which is a nude pink and for the black lipstick I have shade '08' which is a mauvey-browny-pink nude colour (I'm not really sure how to describe it!)

When I tested it on my hand, Shade 101 actually looked really nice and I thought it would suit me. However when I wear it now, I feel like it doesn't suit my skin tone and washes me out. But I think with maybe a gloss on top or worn lightly, I might be able to work this lipstick. The formula, however, is very nice and it has a matte finish, hence the name. The smell is rather chemically though but it isn't a bad smell, just not something I have smelt before. It is really pigmented, which would be nicer if I like the colour. Even though this lipstick doesn't work with me, I am determined to buy the shade '107' (a dark vampy red colour) in Autumn/Winter this year as it is a lovely seasonal colour. Overall the Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks are a very nice formula, if you like matte lipsticks that is, however I am not quite happy with how '101' looks on my skin tone. I think this could work with a tan, maybe?

Recently, after admiring photos of Kylie Jenner and her amazing lips, I have been looking for a natural browny, pinky nude. After looking up images of the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 08 on Google, I put it on my wishlist (in my brain, I don't actually keep a list of makeup products I like - though that would be a good idea. Actually I lied, I have a list on my phone haha.) I picked this lipstick up recently as it was like £1.50 off (I got it for £3.99.) I am absolutely in love with this lipstick. It is a perfect natural everyday colour for my skint one and is like a my lips but better colour. If I were to describe it, I would say it is a mix between a mauve, brown, pink and a plum undertone. This doesn't wash me out at all and I am so glad I bought it. The formula  is also really lovely. It goes on smoothly but has a slight matte finish, which can feel a little drying so I use a lip balm before. The smell is nothing like the matte lipstick, this lipstick smells like vanilla (I think.) I definitely recommend this lipstick and I don't think it is raved about that much. If you are reading this quite recently to when I posted it, then definitely head down to a boots while it is £3.99 (originally £5.49.)

The packaging of these lipsticks is very nice and chic. They have a black and red theme and have a Kate Moss signature on the lid. They both retail at £5.49 which is quite a decent price especially for the product you get. As they have matte finishes they can become slightly drying. The shade range is also very nice and varied. Overall I love these lipsticks, but I think I prefer the black packaging ones.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed. Have you tried out any of these lipsticks? Tell me what you think in a comment! Have a nice day, bye!

16 comments:

  1. I have shade 101 and love it, I have a few of the matte ones of lipstick, in fact I think most my lipstick is matte and I'm not sure why..I love the other shade you have 08, it looks so pretty and natural :)x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like matte lipsticks but I think I prefer non matte ones for some reason? Aha xxx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try these lipsticks. And the colors are stunning!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two colours are so pretty! I love these lipsticks, they're one of the only drugstore brands that I like x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel is really nice! One of my favourite brands as wel xxx

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting to try Rimmel Kate Moss collection for a while now. Great post!

    awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post and lovely pictures, these are both really great colours :) x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the kate moss lipsticks, they smell lovely too. however the matte ones just dont work for me, i hate the texture and i end up having patchy lips were i've tried to lick it off haha! love your blog xx
    Jennifer's journal | Enter my giveaway!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes matte lipsticks don't work for me but I quite like these lipsticks and thank you xx

      Delete
  7. I bought myself one of these the other day, I cant remember the shade but I know it's a red lipstick, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to buy some more, especially a red one! xx

      Delete
  8. I was pleasantly surprised with Kate Moss' line with Rimmel and the price point is a winner!

    xx Alyson
    Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete