Sunday 12 January 2014

I ♥ Drugstore Makeup Tag!

 
 
Hey guys hope you're all doing well! I've seen this tag going around quite often on YouTube and on blogs, so I thought I would do it as a blog post. I know that in America you call it drugstore but in the UK we call it high street (I think??) Basically like boots and Superdrug. I'm defiantly a drugstore girl at heart, I love getting cheap products that are really good and there are loads of good bargains in the drugstore world. If you aren't familiar with what the I ❤️ Drugstore Tag is, then basically there are 8 questions all about drugstore products etc.

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand overall?

My favourite drugstore makeup brand is definitely Maybelline. Their products are really good and they aren't too expensive but they're a decent price. I love the packaging of they're products it's always really bright and colourful. I own a lot of products from Maybelline and they're all amazing and I haven't had a problem with them. My favourite products from Maybelline are probably the Falsies Mascara, 24 hour Colour Tattoos and Baby Lips.


 
2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?

For face I'm going to go with the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. This has a really nice finish to it and isn't really dewy or oily but has a nice glow. It has a light coverage which is nice as I don't want to wear something really heavy. I really like BB creams as they feel really light on the skin and this has bee my favourite BB cream so far. I also really like the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This is amazingly pigmented so it has great coverage to cover up any blemishes or redness. 


 
For cheeks I love the Sleek Face Form contouring and blush palette. This palette contains a contour, highlight and a blush which I believe is the rose gold blush. I really like this product, not only is it really pretty but it's really pigmented and blendable so it looks really natural as well.

 
 
 
 For lips I have chosen 2 lipsticks and 1 lip balm. The two lipsticks are the MUA lipstick in shade 4 and the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 101. The lip balm is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch. I really like the MUA lipsticks and they're only £1! The darker colours are really pigmented and the lighter ones are more sheer. Shade 4 which is what I have is quite sheer and more like a tinted lip balm. I really like the Kate Moss lipsticks and I wanted to get 107 which is a really good Autumn colour but it isn't exactly autumn anymore so I didn't get it. Instead I bough 101 which is a gorgeous nude pink. I have chosen Baby Lips because I absolutely love them. I chose Pink Punch because it's the most pigmented and is the closest to a lipstick out of all of them. It comes out quite sheer but is buildable and it smells so fruity and lovely!



 
3. Least favourite product?

As much as I love the Barry M lipsticks, my least favourite product will have to be this Barry M lipstick in shade 52. But only this shade though, I do love the other Barry M lipsticks. I bought this lipstick about 2 years ago when I had no clue about makeup I just thought the colour was cool. I didn't think about  how wearable it would be. As you can tell by the photo it is a bright blue toned pink. Also the formula of this lipstick isn't very good either. It's very matte and comes out really dry on the lips. Unless you've applied a lip balm then when you apply this it will show all the cracks and creases on your lips.
 


4. What is the best makeup bargain?

I already mentioned this in question 2 but I think the best makeup bargain is definitely the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It is super duper pigmented and yeah I've already said that aha. Plus it's only about £4 which is amazing for what you get. If you haven't tried this I definitely recommend this.

 

5. What is your favourite underdog product?

My favourite underdog or underhyped products have to be the Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening concealer and the Barry M lipgloss. The collection concealer is really under hyped probably because everyone raves about the lasting perfection concealer. But I think it's just as good. I guess it's a dupe of the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer, the packaging is similar and so is the name. It has a brush type of applicator and you twist the other side so the concealer comes out through the brush. (That probably didn't make any sense oops). Anyway I like using this under my eyes as it's not drying or cakey at all.

 

The Barry M lipglosses are amazing. I have 3 in 2/Toffee, 5/Bubblegum and the red one was limited edition. The lipglosses smell sooo yummy and smell just like what they're called. My favourite is probably Toffee as it looks so lovely on top of a nude lipstick. But I do love the other two as well. The red one is very pigmented and the lipglosses are not sticky at all which is a plus. Also they're only about £4 which is really good.
 

 
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

Now I wasn't really sure about this because some products are quite pricy for a drugstore product so I couldn't really choose. But I've decided to go with the Revlon Lip Butters. Don't get me wrong I love these but I do think £7.99 was a little bit too pricy for the amount of product that you get. If you compare it to the Baby Lips then you get about half of it. I do think it's quite overpriced but the actual product is really good, maybe if it was about £6 instead of £8. The shades I have are Sorbet and Sweet Tart.





 
7. Best drugstore dupes?

I don't actually own what this product is a dupe of but it's the MUA undressed eyeshadow palette. I've heard that this is a dupe for the Naked 1 palette. The colours are all the same in the same order and the eyeshadows are very pigmented. The palette was only £4 compared to the Naked palette which is about £37 I think. I really like the MUA eyeshadows as they are really pigmented and really cheap.

 

8. Drugstore product not worth the hype?

Unfortunately I don't have a product for this because all the products that I have that are hyped about are really good and are all worth hyping about. So I don't have an answer for question 8 sorry! :(

Hope you enjoyed this blog post and have a nice day! Also please click the follow button on the right hand side and follow me on bloglovin! Also follow my Instagram @_beautiegirl :)










No comments:

Post a Comment