Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Favourites

 
 
 

I think September has been a transitional month from summer into autumn. I've been wearing much more autumnal makeup and dressing for fall. I think autumn and winter are my favourite seasons because it gets me so excited for Christmas, but I might just be saying that as I'm a bit bored of summer! But once again it's the end of the month which means it's a monthly favourites post!

Makeup
I have noticed myself reaching for Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara a lot more often this month and I don't exactly know why! I think it's because, hence the name, it applies so quickly and easily that I can just put in on in the morning when I'm rushing to go to school. This mascara gives a lot of volumes which I like. It's nothing dramatically special but I have been using it a lot this month.

As it's now officially autumn, it gives me a reason to wear more berry lip colours which I love. You may be thinking, "but Amanda, that's a green lipstick?!" Yes, it is! But don't worry! Once applied to your lips it comes out a pinky berry colour. I will do a post on this lipstick soon to show you how it comes out on the lips as it doesn't come out the colour it does when you swatch it on your hands. But I absolutely love the colour and this lipstick lasts forever! It literally doesn't even come off with water, it's like a stain which could be a good thing or a bad!

Skin
This month I have been loving the Vaseline Cocoa Butter as it is so moisturising and my skin has been feeling extremely smooth recently. I really recommend trying it out if you have quite dry skin as it instantly will make your skin hydrated and soft!

For shower gel, I have been using the Soap and Glory Rich and Foamous and oh my it is amazing! I've always loved Soap and Glory skincare but this smells so good! It smells like almonds and shea butter, which is very nice. It leaves my skin feeling very hydrated as well. Normally with shower creams the smell doesn't last very long but with this it lasts a very long time.

Hair
I've had the V05 hairspray for a while but its only recently that I've been really liking it. It holds my hair all day, even when I have to go to school it still keeps my hair in place. I haven't actually used any other hairspray so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I recommend trying it out if you are looking for a good hairspray!

Music

Sam Smith - I'm not the only one
Ariana Grande - Break Free
Magic - Rude 

15 comments:

  1. Some lovely products. I am so fussy with mascara but this one does sound good! x
    Emma | Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely favourites! Thick and fast mascara is amazing!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shower foam literally smells like cake, been using it non-stop for three months now x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scent of that Soap & Glory shower gel! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, I really want to try the soap and glory body wash

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you really need to try it!! Xx

      Delete
  6. Ooooh the concept behind that green lipstick is interesting! :)

    YouTube - www.youtube.com/bootyfurl

    Blog - www.bootyfurl.co.uk


    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Fran! And ah I really recommend it! Xx

    ReplyDelete