Thursday 7 May 2015

The "My Lips But Better" Shades






I have often described some of my lip products to be a 'my lips but better shade'. So I thought I would do a post on them! These are the lipsticks that are really similar to my natural lip shade, but make them slightly better. Anyway let me get on with the lipsticks, the ones I think are really 'me' shades are the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 'Nude-ist' and Rimmel Kate Moss in '08'.

Starting with the Bourjois Liquid Lipstick, this is a new product for me as I picked it up recently. The product has a doe foot applicator, so it is quite similar to a lip gloss. However the consistency is nothing like a lip gloss, in fact its like a liquid lipstick. The pigmentation is insane, and so is the lasting power! And I was a bit worried that it might be drying, as it is a matte finish, however it is creamy and not drying whatsoever. It really does have a velvety feeling on the lips, which is lovely and why I love this product so much! I would describe the shade as a deep rose colour, slightly pink and brown as well. 

I think the Bourjois lipstick is a bit more bold, but the Rimmel one is definitely more of a neutral option. It is the shade 08 and is more of a pink mauve and isn't as dark as the previous product. And probably less pigmented, however, it is still a lovely shade and I would 100% say this is my go to lipstick as it suits my lip colour so well. This doesn't have a matte finish, it is more creamy and smooth. This is such an amazing lipstick and is only about £5 so I really recommend it!

These two lipsticks are definitely some of my favourites. The colours are so pretty and I love wearing them. If you haven't got them, then I really recommend you check them out! Thank you for reading!

What is your favourite 'My Lips But Better' lipstick?


35 comments:

  1. I love the kate moss lipstick !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kate moss lipstick looks really nice! I have a very similar one from kiko and it's one of my favourites :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its lovely, I haven't tried anything from Kiko before but it sounds great! xx

      Delete
  3. I would love to try the Bourjois Liquid lipsticks but I'm always scared that they'll be too drying, I've got the Kate moss lipsticks and I love how creamy and smooth they are!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not drying at all! They are very soft and velvety on the lips, I also love the Kate Moss lipsticks! x

      Delete
  4. These look so lovely! My MLBB shade is Revlon's lip butter in berry Smoothie, really love that one.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have that and it's great! Another lovely natural shade x

      Delete
  5. I neeeeed to try the Bourjois Nudist one, the shade sounds perfect for a MLBB!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! It's a stunning lip product! x

      Delete
  6. I have the Kate Moss lipstick and it's lovely, will need to try the Bourjois one too :) x
    katrinajay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this Bourjois shade and love it! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always overwhelmed by all the shades of Rimmel lipsticks but this one you showed is really nice and I'll definitely pik it up next time I'm shopping ;)

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have lots of lovely shades, I really want to pick out some more! x

      Delete
  9. Oh wow these look gorgeous! I love more natural looking lip shades at the mo!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liquid lipsticks are my face! Definitely need to check out the Bourgois one! Thanks for sharing :)

    BCfactor blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula of the Bourjois ones are amazing, you should definitely check them out! xx

      Delete
  11. I love Nudeist and I still need to try Rimmel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel have so many amazing lipsticks, the Kate Moss range is my favourite! xx

      Delete
  12. I love the Rimmel 08 lipstick and was gutted when I haven't been able to find it for a few weeks. It's such a good dupe for MAC Patisserie as well. Gonna have to repurchase!

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is quite similar to a few MAC Lipsticks, the formula is great as well! xx

      Delete
  13. Bourjois Nudeist shade is also my all time fave!! Love the stuff :)) xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post as always! I might have to get these!
    Lauraxlovesxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Bourjois lipstick is lovely, a great formula and the colour is also not TOO nude if that makes sense. The Kate Moss Lippie looks gorgeous too, one of my favourite formula's so I must check it out :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just got my hands on the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks. Can't wait to try them.

    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this kind of shade! I need to pick up that Rimmel shade, it's lovely (:

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo those are really pretty colors, I would wear them everyday.

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete