Wednesday 3 September 2014

August Favourites

 
 

Once again another month has passed, which can only mean one thing - a monthly favourites! Summer is over which means autumn is here! Is it just me who cannot wait for sweater weather, hot chocolates, dark berry lips and cosy nights in? Anyway enough said, lets get on to my favourites for the past month!

Beauty

As I recently went on holiday, I wanted to bring along a lip balm that had SPF in it to prevent my lips from sun burning. I picked the Nivea Soothe and Protect lip balm and I am so glad I brought it with me. It helped protect my lips from not only burning, but from drying out as well. I have just been using it a lot recently and it has really worked.

August has been quite hot at times, which means my skin has a tendency to become oily during the day. I needed something that would keep my make up in place and keep my skin from becoming too oily. The Benefit Porefessional has done the job just fine! It makes my skin feel really smooth as well and I have noticed my foundation lasting longer when I wear this. Although it doesn't completely stop my skin from being oily but it does keep it quite matte when I first apply it. I will be doing a full review on this soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!

My next favourite is the Boots 3-minute Clay Mask. I picked this up a couple of months ago when I was trying out some skin care products. Although it was quite cheap and I wasn't expecting much from it, it is actually surprisingly quite good! I was hoping for it to be a bit more thick as it does come out quite then when I want a really thick layer. It really helps to cleanse my skin and there isn't a huge noticeable difference, however I can notice a difference on my skin as it helps to clear away any impurities. It also is really refreshing as it contains cucumber extracts.

A couple of days ago I painted my nails with the Maybelline Colour Show Street Artist Top Coat in Alley Attitude on top of a Ciate nail varnish in Ferris Wheel. I absolutely love the Maybelline nail varnish, it looks so cool and you only need 1 coat, but I put 2 on to make it more bold. The colours are really bold and look stunning once on the nails. I really recommend this nail varnish as I love the finish of it!

Music

Foxes - Glorious
Lana Del Rey - Old Money

15 comments:

  1. Love the nail polish shade! The porefessional has been on my wishlist for far too long!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nail varnish looks amazing!

    www.vanillabeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your nails look awesome! I also just recently got into Pore Fessional and it's become one of my faves :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the nail combo. I think speckled nail art is just gorgeous!

    Rachael x

    springvignette.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zomg, I love that nail art you did there, gorgeous! And I'm liking the rings too :-) As for the products, Benefit's Porefessional is definitely on my to-try list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look so nice!!
    xx
    Antonella!
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Alley Attitude in CVS and fell in love! Sadly, I did not buy because money. But that has to be my favorite nail effect that I've ever seen!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no! It's a really lovely nail varnish! Xx

      Delete