Sunday 16 March 2014

Maybelline Coloursensational Popstick Review





 
Hey beauties! Today's blogpost is going to be a review on the Colour Sensational Popsticks by Maybelline. I picked this up the other day from TK MAXX for £2.99 which is a bargain as the usual price is £7.19. I believe these were limited edition which is probably why it was a lot cheaper. The shade I picked up was 080 Cherry Pop ; in the shop the lipstick came in a plastic packaging (they don't do this in boots or superdrugs for lipsticks) so this meant I couldn't actually see the colour. Instead, I did a quick search on google and I saw it was a red which I thought looked quite nice. After I had paid for it I opened it up and to my shock, it looked like jelly. I quickly swatched it on my hand and it looked orange, very different to the actual colour of the lipstick.

I really like the packaging for this product. The lid is a transparent pink which has an orange iridescent. I expected these to be similar to the Revlon Lip Butters but I am very wrong. These are a lot more sheer and glossy and are more like a lip balm. The lipstick does smelly amazing though; as mine is called Cherry Pop, unsurprisingly the lip stick smells of cherries.

Like I said earlier this lipstick looks like jelly but in a more solid form. It's quite translucent and there isn't much product in there. I would've expected there to be more because of how sheer it is. You can see in the swatches above that the lipstick is very sheer with a light swatch. However it is very buildable. Also, it comes out very orange which is unusual because the lipstick is red. I am a bit disappointed with this as I would've preferred if it was red. Moreover the taste isn't particularly pleasing and tastes quite bitter. 

Overall I wouldn't really recommend these and I have learnt my lesson not to buy makeup form TK MAXX (or not to buy lipsticks more specifically) without swatching it. But I guess for £2.99 it's pretty decent. If I saw this again in a different shade in TK MAXX for the same price I'm not going to lie but I would probably buy it as I like the packaging and the lipsticks aren't too bad (it's probably just the shade I got.) But I would have to see swatches in google first. However if I saw this for the normal price of £7.19 I would not buy it. Anyway I hope you liked this post and if you have any requests please pop them in the comments below! Thanks for reading, bye!


2 comments:

  1. I've got one and it's awful :( defo wouldn't but another colour! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are quite bad and hmm yeah I probs wouldn't but I'm sure if it was a pinky colour it might not be too bad? Idk haha xx

      Delete