Saturday 10 January 2015

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit












This post is in collaboration with That Girl in Wonderland (www.thatgirlinwonderlandx.blogpsot.com), her blog is lovely and so is her Instagram so you should all check her out! I've been wanting to do a drugstore makeup starter kit for while now, so I thought it was about time I did one. Also I've had a lot of people on Instagram asking me for some recommendations of drugstore makeup products, so I thought I would do this to help lots you! This post would be helpful if you are just starting out in makeup and you are looking for some good products in the drugstore. 

Face 

Let's start with bases, personally, I prefer to use BB cream as it is light and moisturising. The BB cream I love to use is the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. This product feels really light on the skin, like I am wearing no makeup, but it also has some coverage but the coverage is quite light. I tend to think of BB creams as tinted moisturisers as they are very hydrating on my skin. I really recommend picking this up, my one is for oily skin but Maybelline do another edition which is the Dream Fresh BB cream. I think if you're just starting out in makeup a BB cream is better because you don't want to be putting a heavy foundation on as it might look quite cakey.

If you think you're skin does not need foundation but you want to cover up a few blemishes, then definitely try out the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I cannot talk about this enough! The formula of this is amazing, it has very high coverage which means if you have an evil red spot then this concealer will cover it up. Also, this only £4.19 which is amazing for the quality you get.

I think powder is essential especially if you have oily skin, like me. I have heard many good things about the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, but if I am honest, I haven't actually tried that. I use the Natural Collection Pressed Powder and this works fine for me. It helps to set my concealer or foundation and it also keeps me matte as well. This is only £1.99 which is really good for what you get.

For cheeks, I really recommend Sleek products. They're blushes are amazing and reasonably priced as well. The blush shade I have is called Pixie Pink and is a really pretty pink. They are really pigmented so you really don't need a lot. If you are looking for a contour product then Sleek do a great Contour Kit which I have already reviewed on my blog here. It comes with a contour, highlight and a blush all in one palette.

Eyes

There are many amazing eyeshadows out there. But my personal favourite is the MUA eyeshadow palette in Undressed. Apparently it is a dupe for the Naked 1 palette but the MUA one is £4! You may think that because it is cheap the quality is not good but you are wrong! You get 12 shades, a range of matte and shimmery ones and they are amazingly pigmented. The colours are very neutral as well and I really recommend these.

Next is eyeliners, if you are looking to do a winged eyeliner look, then I recommend starting with a felt tip liner as I think they are the easiest to work with. The one I like to use is the Collection Extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner (is it just me or do Collection products always have really long names?) The nib for this is really thin so you can get an accurate line. Rimmel do very good pencil eyeliners, I like the Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Nude to apply on my waterline. The Rimmel Soft Kajal Pencil in Sable Brown is nice as well, I prefer brown because it looks more softer than black.

Mascaras are very difficult to choose just one for. There are so many great and affordable mascaras in the drugstore. But I personally recommend the Maybelline mascaras, especially the Falsies Mascara. It is very nice and lengthening and also very volumnising at the same time. I also like the Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara.There are many other great mascaras, Rimmel do good ones as well.

Lips

I have a few favourite lipsticks in the drugstore but I really recommend the Revlon Lip Butters. The shades I have are Sorbet, Sweet Tart and Strawberry Shortcake (I also have Berry Smoothie which I forgot to take a picture of. I have done a review on these which you can view here. They are very nice and moisturising as well as pigmented. If you are looking for a lipgloss, definitely pick up some of the Barry M lip glosses, my personal favourite is Toffee which is a browny nude colour. But they do other colours too.

Brushes

I think brushes are not necessary, but it is helpful especially if you are going to be using a foundation. Without doubt I recommend the Real Techniques, I have done a whole blog post on these which you can view here. They are very affordable and I highly recommend the Core Collection which includes four face brushes. The quality of these brushes are amazing as well, they are super soft and the hairs do not fall off at all.

Thank you for reading this blog post and if you would liked this blog post then check out my blog! I hope you enjoyed and sorry it was quite long I just have so many makeup products to talk about haha! Hope you have a nice day, bye!


13 comments:

  1. i adore lasting perfection! great post

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post hun! xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful! I'd like to buy more drugstore makeup, maybe try that BB cream. Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

    Ali
    Pretty in Python
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, would recommend sleek and real techniques brushes to everyone!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely things to start makeup with, I love sleek too! Lovely Post <3
    Kaci x
    kacistevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh you compiled such a cute collection of products! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete