Saturday 16 August 2014

Summer Orange Lips ~ Summer in the Sun

 
 
 
Summer is the time to bring out the bold and bright colours on to the lips. I love wearing pinks, but this year its all about bold orange lips. I have a range of different shades of orange, from peachy more muted oranges to bold almost red oranges.
 
The first orange lipstick I have is by Revlon. It is the Revlon Colourburst Lipstick in 'Coral'. This is a very bold fiery orange. It is almost red but still classes as an orange. If you want to wear a daring colour this summer, this would be a good lipstick to go for. But I'm not to keen on the smell as it is quite chemically. Apart from the smell, this lipstick is really pigmented and lasts very long.
 
 
If you are looking for a more subtle and wearable orange, I recommend the MUA lipstick in shade 16 'Nectar'. For £1 you cant really go wrong with this. The formula is amazing as the lipstick is smooth and creamy and highly pigmented. I love the colour as it is a peachy colour and not so bold. The only bad thing about the MUA lipsticks is the packaging, but I guess you get what you pay for. However the actual lipstick is great.
 
The next orange lipstick I have is a bit of a weird one, as you can see the lipstick in the bullet looks red but when swatched comes out orange. But trust me when I say it looks better on the lips than in the swatches, for some reason it looks almost yellow :/ Anyway, this lipstick is the Maybelline Coloursensational Popstick in Cherry Pop. I have done a full review on this here. I am slightly disappointed in this lipstick as the colour was not what I expected. It is quite sheer which is good because that means it won't be too strong, especially as the colour is a bit odd. But the smell and the packaging is definitely pleasing! It smells like cherries and the packaging is very lovely. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it though, but I put it in this post anyway,
 
The last orange lip product is the Too Faced Sweet Sun Shines Lip Gloss in 'Papaya Slushie'. I love this lip gloss, its such a lovely colour and feels very creamy and glossy on the lips. There are tiny little specs of gold shimmer which adds a bit more to the lips. If you can get your hands on this I really recommend it. I cant even think of anything bad to say about it!
 
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Do you like wearing orange in summer? What's your go to orange lip product? Thanks for reading and have a nice day, bye!
 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades, i love the look of the MUA lipstick!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Topshops lipstick in Infrared? I only got it yesterday but its a lovely colour!

    Danielle | theperksofprettythings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sounds lovely but I haven't tried it :( really want to though! Xx

      Delete
  3. Love the MUA one, looks very wearable! Thanks x

    Ali | Lilac Lipstick

    ReplyDelete